The Chagrin Valley Job Seekers (CVJS) is a volunteer organization in northeast Ohio with the sole purpose of providing professionals in career transition, with networking contacts, job leads, keynote speakers, resources, and knowledge to enhance their job searches. The group was started in April 2002 by myself and another person. Since its inception, over 5,700 job seekers have been helped and there are 50-75 people at each meeting.
Membership is open to any job seeker who attends our meetings and all materials and services are free.
Meetings are held at the Pioneer Memorial Presbyterian Church, 35100 Solon Road, Solon, Ohio at 7:30 PM on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of each month, unless it is a national holiday or the 4th Monday in December.
Here’s a list of some of our services we offer to job seekers:
- All members are connected through an email network.
- Networking opportunities at our meetings and through our email network.
- Job leads by email.
- Keynote speakers at our meetings who talk about various aspects of the job search.
- Participation in the CVJS Bio Program which monthly distributes job seeker information to over 200 people in the hiring process in northeast Ohio.
- The CVJS Working People List (WPL) which provides contact information for over 7,000 employed people in northeast Ohio.
- Access to over 65 electronic documents at the CVJS web site that cover a wide variety of job search subjects.
- Two software products (one is MS Excel the other is MS Access) that help a job seeker keep track of the people, employers, and jobs that he/she encounters in his/her job search.
- 1 on 1 mentoring.
- Professional resume reviewers.
For more information, click on the link below.